Creative Commons license
With Creative Commons you are free to:
Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
Under these conditions:
Attribution: Attribution to ‘Our Escapades’ must be made along with the image.
Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- Blog Post, Google plus or facebook post describing a trip to Italy
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License to Copyright
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Our Escapades. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample use requiring a license to Copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home